- Dr. Nguyen Dinh Uyen, an overseas Vietnamese in the US, a lecturer at the Faculty of Electronics and Telecommunications, International University-Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City;
- Dr. Nguyen Duc Thai, a Vietnamese residing in the US, member of TransMed-Vietnam Program;
- Prof. Dr. Mai Xuan Ly, an overseas Vietnamese in Poland, Head of Life Science Laboratory under Institute of Computational Science and Technology, HCMC Department of Science and Technology;
- Prof. Dr. Nguyen Minh Tho, an overseas Vietnamese in Belgium, Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Science and Nanomaterials, Institute of Computational Science and Technology under the HCMC Department of Science and Technology;
- Mr. Peter Hong, a Vietnamese residing in Australia, Permanent Vice President and Secretary General of the Business Association of Overseas Vietnamese (BAOOV);
- Mr. Danny Vo Thanh Dang, an overseas Vietnamese in Singapore, Vice President of the Business Association of Overseas Vietnamese (BAOOV);
- Mr. Lam De, Head of the Liaison Committee for Overseas Vietnamese in HCMC’s District 8.
The awarding of the Ho Chi Minh City Badge shows the interest, recognition and encouragement of the HCMC Party Committee and the city government for individuals with many outstanding achievements and contributions to the development of the city, contributing to the protection, construction and development of the socialist Vietnamese Fatherland.
The Ho Chi Minh City Badge this time is awarded to seven overseas Vietnamese who have made many positive contributions in the fields of science and technology development; high-quality human resources training; medical research for COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control; calling and gathering resources from abroad for the economic development of the city, contributing to the development of Ho Chi Minh City into an economic, cultural, technological, scientific and technical center of the country, to build the city into a smart, civilized, modern, loving city.
According to the HCMC Committee for Overseas Vietnamese, over the years, the overseas Vietnamese community has made a lot of contributions to the city's development, especially in the fields of development consultancy, direct investment and technology transfer, high-quality human resources training; and startup ecosystem building and development.
The overseas Vietnamese community has also actively participated in supporting patriotic emulation movements, taking care of social welfare, and is especially actively participating with the people of the city in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic at present.